Accelerated General English
Accelerated English is the addition of IELTS Preparation class to the Intensive General English Levels 4 to 6. This course is 35 hours per week.
CLLC’s Accelerated Program allows students the opportunity to develop test taking strategies that are not taught in General English. Students acquire and use advanced grammar and academic vocabulary extensively. Studying IELTS for 18 weeks enables students to concentrate on developing the academic skills required to succeed in their General English levels and also prepares them to enter our Pathway Programs. This course gives students an opportunity to complete their levels more quickly than the Intensive program. Students will study General English and IELTS Preparation for 35 hours per week (46 lessons/week). Students study our primary classes of Reading & Writing and Listening & Speaking in addition to IELTS Preparation. CLLC’s Conversation class is also included and gives students the opportunity to focus on additional language skills that are different from their primary classes. Students may take the Accelerated Program if they are in CLLC’s Level 4, 5, or 6. They receive additional support from their Academic Manager to ensure they are on track to complete the level in 6 weeks, instead of the Intensive Program’s 10 week levels. This program can be taken for a maximum of 18 weeks. The Accelerated Program is best for students who have a tight timeline to reach their goal of attending college or university or want to challenge themselves while studying English.
Students take a placement assessment (interview and written test) on the first day to
determine their English level. Level 4 (High Intermediate) or higher is required to begin
our Accelerated Program.
|High Intermediate||Level 4|
|University Pathway Program - UPP||Level 7|
|Course Options||Course Days||Time (ET)||Class|
|Option 1||Monday - Friday||06:30 - 14:00||IELTS, Reading & Writing, Listening & Speaking|
• Courses start on Mondays, except last Monday of the year.
• School is closed on National Holidays. For example, if Monday is a holiday the school will open on Tuesday.
• Schedule and Programs can change from campus to campus.
• Friday English Conversation is replaced with a weekly Graduation Ceremony.
• Class times may differ due to campus enrolment and other needs.
• Students must be in High Intermediate or higher to join our IELTS and Business English.
• The Accelerated Program requires 3 e-books/ 1st level, and 2 e-books for each other level.
– These volume discounts are available to all CLLC students.
|Study Period||Weekly Price|
|1 - 6 Weeks Booking||$360 CAD/week|
|7 - 12 Weeks Booking||$360 CAD/week|
|13 - 18 Weeks Booking||$350 CAD/week|