Semi-Intensive General English
CLLC’s Semi-Intensive Program gives students flexibility to study 15 hours per week (20 lessons/week) of quality English language instruction.
CLLC’s General English (GE) program consists of six levels, ranging from Introductory English to Advanced English. The GE program develops key competencies in at least five core English language learning areas: Reading, Writing, Listening, Speaking, and Critical Thinking, with an emphasis on academic writing. CLLCs rigorous curriculum is founded on a number of external EAL criteria such as the Canadian Language Benchmarks, TOEFL, and IELTS. The Advanced level students typically achieve a TOEFL score of 70-75 and IELTS score of 6.0-6.5, although students have also achieved TOEFL scores as high as 90. Students can choose from Reading & Writing, Listening & Speaking, or IELTS Preparation as their primary class while studying the Semi Intensive Program. CLLC’s Business English or English Conversation class is also included and gives students the opportunity to focus on additional language skills that are different from their primary class. This program is ideal for those students who are not bound for college or university and are looking for an amazing virtual language experience.
Reading & Writing, Listening & Speaking, and IELTS Preparation
Students will complete a placement assessment (interview and written test) on their first
day to determine their English level. All English levels are welcome to join our Semi-Intensive Program.
|High Intermediate||Level 4|
|University Pathway Program - UPP||Level 7|
|Course Options||Course Days||Time (ET)||Class|
|Option 1||Mon - Fri||6:30 - 9:30 |
15 min. Break
|IELTS & Business English|
|Option 2||Mon - Fri||7:15 - 10:30 |
15 min. Break
|English Conversation and Reading & Writing|
|Option 3||Mon - Fri||10:30 - 14:00 |
135 min. Break
|English Conversation and Listening & Speaking|
|Option 4||Mon - Fri||8:30 - 14:00 |
165 min. Break
|Reading & Writing and English Conversation|
|Option 5||Mon - Fri||10:30 - 14:00 |
45 min. Break
|Listening & Speaking and English Conversation|
• Courses start on Mondays, except last Monday of the year.
• School is closed on National Holidays. For example, if Monday is a holiday the school will open on Tuesday.
• Schedule and Programs can change from campus to campus.
• Friday English Conversation is replaced with a weekly Graduation Ceremony.
• Class times may differ due to campus enrolment and other needs.
• Students must be in High Intermediate or higher to join our IELTS and Business English.
• Contact us for specific class schedules, including break times.
– These volume discounts are available to all CLLC students.
|Study Period||Weekly Price|
|1 - 10 Weeks Booking||$150 CAD/week|
|11-21 Weeks Booking||$140 CAD/week|
|22 + Weeks Booking||$135 CAD/week|